The e-commerce industry has made remarkable progress over a decade and has encouraged several brick and mortar retailers to list their products online. People who had to disturb their busy schedule for visiting physical stores and purchasing love the online process thoroughly. According to statistics, the ecommerce sales revenue in India has increased by 24.8% in 2017 as compared to the previous year.
Shopping online has become a necessity in the day to day life and ecommerce stores make this possible. Due to the high expected ROI, there are several entrepreneurs who have stepped into the ecommerce world to ensure their share in the global ecommerce boom. Some build their own online store from the scratch and some choose an enterprise ecommerce platform for creating their web store and selling their products online.
The platform that you choose for your business is a deciding factor in your success in the ecommerce industry. So making a wise choice with the proper analysis is a must no matter if you have a small business or a large enterprise. Choosing an ecommerce platform is always a better option when it comes to getting things done in minimum time, easy customization and affordability.
Here is a list of some of the valuable tips to consider while choosing an enterprise ecommerce platform for your business.
- Flexibility and Scalability- A platform which provides a customizable solution that can easily handle the complex flow of the online store is a necessity. Flexibility is a key factor which can make the entire process right from signing in till the check out process smooth and easy. An enterprise ecommerce platform that provides flexibility at every step is the perfect option which can easily accommodate the requirements of brick and mortar retailers. On the other hand, scalability is equally important as there may be numerous users shopping from your store. Several users should be able to purchase and checkout smoothly.
- Look for a SEO friendly platform– Search engine optimization (SEO) plays an important role in the success of any online store. Customers are likely to search for any desired product on the web and pick a store of their choice from the search results provided by Google. For any online store, it is always beneficial to appear in the top search results; hence enterprise ecommerce platforms provide various marketing and SEO features which can help you bring traffic to your site in an efficient way.
- Site performance optimization- If a site takes more than 3 seconds to load then it is likely to get abandoned by the customers instantly. Instead of dealing with a simple online store, mention your enterprise business, as enterprise solution doesn’t necessarily mean ecommerce store, it could be something different like service based or B2B. An online store can hardly be of any use in such case which can have adverse effects on the sale. An enterprise ecommerce platform that utilizes the latest technology with low latency and page switch time should be prioritized by the users.
- User friendly platform- An easy to use interface is the first thing that a customer may look for. Suppose a customer struggles to find the desired product when he visits an online store then he might not spend much time and leave without a purchase. Enterprise ecommerce platforms are stated as 360 degree solution for any business dealing in ecommerce which provide a user friendly interface. Your online store should be easy to use with an efficient online shopping cart and payment gateways that may help in faster checkouts.
- Security- Intruders are everywhere which makes security a pivotal issue when it comes to online transactions. Trust is the most important factor on which the entire online business is based. Customers who share their bank details and passwords for making online payments expect that their data remains secured always. If ever any customer loses his money due to security issues then it can be a huge issue for the online store. Enterprise ecommerce platforms that provide SSL encryption for security are highly recommended by ecommerce experts and should be prioritized by the customers as well.
- Customer Support- No matter how user-friendly the enterprise ecommerce platform is, customers will always have some queries. A happy to help customer support team is the pillar of every successful ecommerce firm. Ensure that your chosen ecommerce platform is ready to assist you with all the queries and issues that you get once you have purchased a suitable plan. The customer support service which serves you with every difficulty after you have chosen their service should always be a must have feature.
With the list of all these essential features, making a choice for the best and the most suitable platform for your business becomes easy. All the mentioned tips include the latest marketing trends which are necessary for making your business a profitable deal.
Conclusion- The online market is flooded with enterprise ecommerce platforms which provide several features and helps the brick and mortar retailers in making the business profitable. If you are looking for a suitable platform which can make your business profitable, StoreHippo is one option which can assist you throughout the process at an affordable price.
Author Bio- Binny Joseph is an ecommerce marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience. He writes extensively about the latest ecommerce trends and encourages people to take up the new ways to make their online business a better one. His articles regarding enterprise ecommerce platform come from the rich experience of strategizing and handling online business across industry verticals.