Optimizing a website is much more difficult than most people assume and it requires skills, hard work, proper knowledge of Google’s search ranking algorithms and of the most efficient and safest SEO techniques and a constant investment in one’s website. Website owners who choose not to invest in their website constantly have a lot to lose and they do so in favor of their competitors.
If you are aware of the importance of SEO for your website, you have probably heard about keywords and the essential role they play in search engine optimization.
According to Search Engine Journal, the most difficult aspect of writing a SEO article is identifying the best keywords. As mentioned in the same source, the target key phrase should have two to four words and it should convey the core message of the article.
The role of the keyword is to attract natural, organic traffic. Unlike what some sources say keywords are not dead and they will not disappear any time soon. According to Search Engine Journal, keyword research is one of the most powerful marketing tools, a tool that you can leverage in different ways.
Before you choose your keywords for your SEO campaign it is important to take the time to learn about your customers and what they want. Once you understand your customers and their perspective you will know what matters the most for them and what keywords they use when they search online and you will be able to select the proper keywords for your SEO campaign.
The first step towards a successful SEO campaign is identifying the correct key phrases for it. How can you expect your campaign to be successful if you fail to select the keywords that reflect your business and the role of your campaign best? What do you have to offer to your customers and where do their needs and the solutions you provide intersect? Do you know what your customers search for and what they hope to find on your website? If you do you can start for there in order to select the most suitable keywords.
According to Mozz, the content you provide on your website should satisfy both the user and the search engines. It is imperative to understand your target audience and how it performs searches in order to be able to cater to its needs. The keywords you want to rank for are less important than what your audience wants from you. It is recommended to focus on getting to know your audience and what it wants in order to have a successful SEO campaign, one that will generate the desired results. Knowing how to ask the right questions about your customers and their needs will help you find the right keywords for your campaign and deliver better content. It is also a good idea to use a keyword research tool that enables you to establish the most popular variations of your keywords. Also, it is recommended to make use of both high and low competition keywords as the latter are less competitive. By analyzing search volume, you will be able to select the keywords that will offer your website the strategic advantage it needs to overcome the competition. If your SEO campaign focuses on obtaining results locally it is best to adapt your keywords for local searches.
Keywords are at the core of SEO and there are various online tools that you can use to research and identify the right keywords but these are not useful should you fail to do your research first. According to Shoutmeloud.com, the most popular tools used for keyword research are:
- Google keyword planner is available for free and it is by far one of the most powerful tools used to identify keywords; this tool is useful to websites that are just starting their SEO campaigns
- SEMRUSH, which does a lot more than keyword research; once you add your URL you will see all the keywords that rank for that site. This tool provides details for traffic stats, search engine reports and other details that are valuable when it comes to managing a SEO campaign
- Ahrefs; this tool resort to clickstream data and it can show you how many clicks you can get from a search engine and a free trial is available for those who want to see how it works
- LongTailPro is software that can be used for keyword research, it is very popular and you can use it to find the best keywords for your website.
- KWFinder focuses on keyword research only and you can use it to identify the keyword that will drive most traffic to your website.
- SpyFu is a SEO software product that should not be ignored and it should be used by those who want to be one step ahead of their competitors.
- SERPStat is a wonderful tool that can help you with search volume, competition, CPC and keyword difficulty score.
As you can see, there are various useful tools that you can use to identify the most suitable keywords for your SEO campaign but it is recommended to do proper research of your target audience before you start using any of these tools.
For most website owners identifying the right keywords is a time-consuming and overwhelming process. This is why they prefer to hire specialists that can help them with this. If you need help with your keyword research you should not hesitate to hire a specialized service provider with an impeccable reputation in this field, one that uses specialized tools for each campaign and provides free comprehensive reports for each client. This report has a great importance for it enables website owners to see exactly what has been done for their website and what results it delivered.
Identifying the correct keywords influences the outcome of the campaign, so consider finding the best SEO services USA to help with the keyword identification process with utmost seriousness.