What is magento?
Magento is the premier e-commerce platform that users come on-board to build and manage their web stores. This “magneto security” open-source platform holds the distinction of being the preferred platform for an estimated 250,000 online stores. Magento software has remained a dominant force since its inception because people do not easily understand it easily. A website like Bestplugins.com, reveals that since the year 2008, the number of magento plugins downloads have increased manifold, since 2008. However, this software is vulnerable and therefore, there is a need to update the software on a regular basis. This updation can take from 24 hours to two days. As magento has become very popular, there are fake versions of the software floating around.
Eight tips to protect your e-commerce
The internet is no longer a safe place for nonprofessionals. Only the technologically savvy individuals will succeed on the internet, what with it changing every day. This paragraph will give you eight tips on how to protect your e-commerce site. This is not an exhaustive list of tips, however, these more or less make up for those missing. The following tips will give you a lowdown on how to protect your e-commerce site using these tips:
- Try to incorporate two factor authentication for your website
- Try to install new updates on time
- Try to schedule periodic back-ups
- Set up a Firewall
- Configure an SSL certificate
- Set up a custom admin panel
- Monitor suspicious activity
- Always stay alert
- Gmail.com has a two-step authentication process. Similarly try to incorporate authentication for your website right at the outset, without much delay. This will enable you to keep your website hacker free. Such hackers are a dime a dozen. However, if you set up a two factor authentication process, then it is very difficult for hackers to enter your website.
- There are numerous updates to software or hardware we use. Try to install such updates on time, on your website. This will ensure that the user gets what he wants and not what the vendor wants. Using the infrastructure offered by the new loan givers, a typical diligent person will try to install new updates on time as that will help him know the present status of apps.
- Scheduling periodic back-ups and follow-ups with people to get their business so that a person can act free of any encumbrances. Periodic back-ups are necessary to keep the hardware in fine fettle. A website is never totally safe from hackers. A hacker will find out a chink in your website’s armor and try poking fun at the user.
- A firewall is necessary because the merchant selling the product does not have adequate support from the government and his website is not adequately encrypted. A firewall prevents the infiltration of information from or to a website. This prevents the entry of a hacker into the website. A firewall acts as a website protector.
- Configuring an SSL certificate is necessary for any site that is accepting payments. Users will immediately move away from unsecure websites accepting payments. The s in https indicates that a site is secure. Configuring such security into the site, which is accepting payments, goes a long way in inculcating trust of the customers.
- A custom admin panel enables us to become the admin and navigate the site. It disallows any outsider from entering the site and playing havoc. A custom admin panel will make you the admin of the website and will give you powers to navigate the site. This will in turn avoid the entry of hackers into the site.
- Monitoring every activity happening on your website goes a long way in ensuring that your website is in fine fettle. You need not do anything else, if you keep monitoring your site on a regular basis. Regular updates will always keep the site up to date for new and existing customers.
- You should always stay alert whenever you are setting up a website and throwing it open for hackers. Such an activity is always prone to danger. Therefore, you should always be alert so that the website hacker does not run amok. This is one tip that you must follow without fail.
Thus, here are the eight tips to protect your magento site from external attack. At times, something within the internet will challenge the websites security. Here again, a firewall will come to be used to ward off unauthorized hackers. As is common knowledge, Magento is a juicy target for hackers on the internet. Miscreants are staking a claim on hitherto unknown e-commerce sites because they want to cause havoc in their running. Such an activity is only possible if a hacker penetrates a website using unethical means. There are many hackers who are unethical and there are many malware which will not allow your website to function. So, it is better to start while the going is comfortable, rather than starting when the going is tough. The tips given above are not exhaustive and there can be more tips. However, this article just lists down eight tips on magento security for your website. Very few people will know the details in-depth and therefore this article is bound to get traction among followers. These are the eight tips for running an efficient e-commerce site.
Sunny Chawla is a Marketing Manager at AIS Technolabs – a Web design and Development Company. Helping global businesses with unique and engaging tools for their business. He would love to share thoughts on Ecm Services, Web Designing and Web development.